A flying firecracker called “Kwitis” caused a fire that engulfed almost 1,000 houses in Tondo Manila, which lasted 6 hours and reached the General Alarm. Around 3,000 families were affected and are now in evacuation centers. The fire was declared out at 6 in the morning.
A kwitis that accidentally flew inside the house of a certain Salvacion Maurelio, also caused a fire that engulfed 70 houses in barangay 56 Pericohon Tacloban. The incident displaced 84 families.
The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) is again calling for the nationwide banning of all fireworks to avoid similar incidents from reoccurring.